Brittany Murphy & Simon Monjack Deaths : Mold Not Involved
Brittany Murphy & Simon Monjack Deaths : Mold Not Involved – Some had speculated that the pneumonia deaths of both Brittany Murphy and her husband Simon Monjack were caused by a mold that was inside of their Los Angeles home.These reports were picked up by several large media websites around the web, but were denied by a coroner’s investigator.
“There were no indicators that it was from mold,” said Los Angeles County Assistant chief Coroner Ed Winter.
Murphy was 32, and Monjack was 39. The couple died just five months apart from each other, in the very same bedroom in a home that they shared with Brittany’s mother, Sharon Murphy. Both of them died of a combination of pneumonia and severe anemia, leading some to speculate that their deaths could be related to mold in their house.
Murphy also had an iron deficiency and was intoxicated on multiple drugs when she died. The death was not ruled a drug overdose, but the fact that she was on several different types of medication certainly did not help her situation. The drugs that she took she were legally prescribed and are used to treat respiratory infections.
Winter said that Monjack had talked to him about a possible mold problem that could have contributed to her death before he passed. Murphy’s mom quickly released a statement saying that no one had ever asked to check her home for mold. Winter disagreed, and said that she had absolutely asked her to check her home for mold.
Category: Celebrity Gossip & Celebrity News